Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Zucchini & Potatoes With Herb Sauce...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #1302 at 4:01 pm on Mar 29, 2006
Zucchini And Potatoes With Herb Sauce
Recipe By :Gourmet
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :1:00
2 pounds zucchini -- peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes
For Herb Sauce:
1/4 cup Italian parsley -- leaves only
1/4 cup capers -- preserved in wine vinegar, drained
1/2 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
1 extra large hard boiled egg
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In a shallow baking pan toss zucchini with 1 tablespoon oil and salt and pepper to taste and spread in one layer in pan. Roast until golden, about 10 to 15 minutes. Peel potatoes and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. In a shallow baking pan toss potatoes with oil and salt and pepper to taste and spread in one layer in pan. Roast potatoes until golden, about 20 minutes. Potatoes may be roasted 8 hours ahead and kept covered at room temperature.
Make herb sauce:
Finely chop the parsley, capers, tarragon and hard boiled egg. Transfer to a medium sized bowl, and stir in remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the zucchini and potato slices on a platter and drizzle with the herb sauce.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1302. Zuchini On Sale!!! - Susan - 3:56pm on 03/29/06 (22)
- REC: Zucchini & Potatoes With Herb Sauce... - charlie - 4:01pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Judy's Zucchini Pickles from Zuni Cafe... - charlie - 4:03pm on 03/29/06
- A favorite here is to grill zucchini slices. Rec: Grilled Ratatouille Salad with Feta Cheese [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:47pm on 03/29/06
- Rec: Scarpaccia Viareggina (Savory Zucchini Tart)...from a class I took with Carol Field - Pat-NoCal - 4:52pm on 03/29/06
- Rec: Zucchini Gratin - Pat-NoCal - 5:00pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Zucchini (zucchini crust) Pizza - Marg CDN - 5:11pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Zucchini Onion Pancakes - Marg CDN - 5:16pm on 03/29/06
- This sounds wonderful and healthy. A good way to get veggies into the kids! [NT] - AngAk - 10:05pm on 03/29/06
- A few more ways I like to use them (can you tell I used to have an overproducing garden of zukes? :) - Pat-NoCal - 5:17pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Zucchini Fritte - Marg CDN - 5:18pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Zucchini Pie - RuthAB - 5:19pm on 03/29/06
- I love to slice them, then saute with some tomatoes, garlic and basil in butter & olive oil. [NT] - LisainLA - 6:17pm on 03/29/06
- YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! THANKS FOR ALL THE RECIPES!! [NT] - Susan - 7:37pm on 03/29/06
- Stuffed Zucchini, Zucchini jam--taste/texture of apricot jam. Made w/jello. - AngAk - 10:02pm on 03/29/06
- T&T REC Baked Creamy Zucchini - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:10am on 03/30/06
- Chicken Breasts And Zucchini with Garlic Cream - GailNJ - 1:28pm on 03/30/06
- Zucchini Aux Fines Herbes - OrigCyn - 4:07pm on 03/30/06
- Hindman's Double Chocolate Zucchini Cake - OrigCyn - 4:08pm on 03/30/06
- Zucchini with Cream Sauce - OrigCyn - 4:09pm on 03/30/06
- REC Quick Zucchini Soup - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:02pm on 03/30/06