Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
A favorite here is to grill zucchini slices. Rec: Grilled Ratatouille Salad with Feta Cheese
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #1302 at 4:47 pm on Mar 29, 2006
When I'm in a hurry I just slice the zucchini either widthwise or lengthwise, brush with a little olive oil on both sides and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, garlic powder and sometimes dried herbs, then grill.
Here's another recipe which is delicious and so easy. Definitely a keeper. Sometimes I chop the grilled veggies and added to pasta then top with the feta. Click on the link for more reviews.
Grilled Ratatouille Salad with Feta Cheese
Brush thick slices of country bread with olive oil to grill alongside the vegetables.
1 12- to 14-ounce eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch-thick rounds
1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
1 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 6 strips
1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
3 tablespoons purchased garlic-flavored olive oil
2 to 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Place eggplant, zucchini, red bell pepper and onion on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; turn to coat. Grill vegetables until tender and tinged with brown, turning frequently, about 6 minutes for eggplant and zucchini and about 10 minutes for red bell pepper and onion.
Divide vegetables between 2 plates; drizzle with vinegar. Sprinkle cheese and basil over and serve.
Makes 2 servings (can be doubled).
Source: 8/00 Bon Appetit
Link: Grilled Ratatouille Salad with Feta Cheese
Other messages in this thread:
- 1302. Zuchini On Sale!!! - Susan - 3:56pm on 03/29/06 (22)
- REC: Zucchini & Potatoes With Herb Sauce... - charlie - 4:01pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Judy's Zucchini Pickles from Zuni Cafe... - charlie - 4:03pm on 03/29/06
- A favorite here is to grill zucchini slices. Rec: Grilled Ratatouille Salad with Feta Cheese [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:47pm on 03/29/06
- Rec: Scarpaccia Viareggina (Savory Zucchini Tart)...from a class I took with Carol Field - Pat-NoCal - 4:52pm on 03/29/06
- Rec: Zucchini Gratin - Pat-NoCal - 5:00pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Zucchini (zucchini crust) Pizza - Marg CDN - 5:11pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Zucchini Onion Pancakes - Marg CDN - 5:16pm on 03/29/06
- This sounds wonderful and healthy. A good way to get veggies into the kids! [NT] - AngAk - 10:05pm on 03/29/06
- A few more ways I like to use them (can you tell I used to have an overproducing garden of zukes? :) - Pat-NoCal - 5:17pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Zucchini Fritte - Marg CDN - 5:18pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Zucchini Pie - RuthAB - 5:19pm on 03/29/06
- I love to slice them, then saute with some tomatoes, garlic and basil in butter & olive oil. [NT] - LisainLA - 6:17pm on 03/29/06
- YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! THANKS FOR ALL THE RECIPES!! [NT] - Susan - 7:37pm on 03/29/06
- Stuffed Zucchini, Zucchini jam--taste/texture of apricot jam. Made w/jello. - AngAk - 10:02pm on 03/29/06
- T&T REC Baked Creamy Zucchini - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:10am on 03/30/06
- Chicken Breasts And Zucchini with Garlic Cream - GailNJ - 1:28pm on 03/30/06
- Zucchini Aux Fines Herbes - OrigCyn - 4:07pm on 03/30/06
- Hindman's Double Chocolate Zucchini Cake - OrigCyn - 4:08pm on 03/30/06
- Zucchini with Cream Sauce - OrigCyn - 4:09pm on 03/30/06
- REC Quick Zucchini Soup - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:02pm on 03/30/06