Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Zucchini Fritte
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #1302 at 5:18 pm on Mar 29, 2006
We have never been able to get this one to the table before eating it all. Big (older) zukes are best.
Zucchini Fritte 4-6 persons Marcella Hazan
1 pound zucchini (I find the older ones to be better)
Vegetable oil, enough for 1/4" in pan
1 c. ap flour
2-3 T. good wine vinegar (I prefer French red)
2 cloves garlic, lightly crushed and peeled
Freshly ground pepper, about 4 twists
1. Scrub zucchini. Cut into sticks about 1/4 “ thick. Sprinkle with salt and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Drain them and pat dry.
3. Het oil in skillet over high heat. Lightly dip zucchini in flour and slip into the skillet. Do not crowd. Turn as they brown.
4. When deep golden brown, transfer to a deep dish, using a slotted spoon. While still hot, sprinkle with vinegar. They will sizzle.
5. When all are done, bury the garlic in their midst and season with pepper.
6. Remove garlic after about 5 minutes. Serve at room temp.
After the first batch, you will know how much garlic and vinegar to use.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1302. Zuchini On Sale!!! - Susan - 3:56pm on 03/29/06 (22)
- REC: Zucchini & Potatoes With Herb Sauce... - charlie - 4:01pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Judy's Zucchini Pickles from Zuni Cafe... - charlie - 4:03pm on 03/29/06
- A favorite here is to grill zucchini slices. Rec: Grilled Ratatouille Salad with Feta Cheese [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:47pm on 03/29/06
- Rec: Scarpaccia Viareggina (Savory Zucchini Tart)...from a class I took with Carol Field - Pat-NoCal - 4:52pm on 03/29/06
- Rec: Zucchini Gratin - Pat-NoCal - 5:00pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Zucchini (zucchini crust) Pizza - Marg CDN - 5:11pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Zucchini Onion Pancakes - Marg CDN - 5:16pm on 03/29/06
- This sounds wonderful and healthy. A good way to get veggies into the kids! [NT] - AngAk - 10:05pm on 03/29/06
- A few more ways I like to use them (can you tell I used to have an overproducing garden of zukes? :) - Pat-NoCal - 5:17pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Zucchini Fritte - Marg CDN - 5:18pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Zucchini Pie - RuthAB - 5:19pm on 03/29/06
- I love to slice them, then saute with some tomatoes, garlic and basil in butter & olive oil. [NT] - LisainLA - 6:17pm on 03/29/06
- YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! THANKS FOR ALL THE RECIPES!! [NT] - Susan - 7:37pm on 03/29/06
- Stuffed Zucchini, Zucchini jam--taste/texture of apricot jam. Made w/jello. - AngAk - 10:02pm on 03/29/06
- T&T REC Baked Creamy Zucchini - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:10am on 03/30/06
- Chicken Breasts And Zucchini with Garlic Cream - GailNJ - 1:28pm on 03/30/06
- Zucchini Aux Fines Herbes - OrigCyn - 4:07pm on 03/30/06
- Hindman's Double Chocolate Zucchini Cake - OrigCyn - 4:08pm on 03/30/06
- Zucchini with Cream Sauce - OrigCyn - 4:09pm on 03/30/06
- REC Quick Zucchini Soup - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:02pm on 03/30/06