Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Cream Wafers Cookies
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #11 at 6:11 pm on Aug 26, 2006
I used the above recipe, but only dip ONE side of the cookie in sugar... The filling is so sweet, that it just doesn’t need that much more sugar. I divided the creamy filling into 3 different bowls and added food colorings. Then I put the fillings into sandwich bags, twisting the tops closed and cutting off a corner of the bag to make a small hole. Pipe the frosting around the OUTSIDE edge of the cookie (NOT filling the entire inside), then pressed two cookie halves together. I found that if I filled the entire cookie, it was way too sweet -- you only need enough to hold the cookie together and have a little color around the edge.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- REC: Deep Dark Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting [LINK] [IMAGE] - cheezz - 6:10pm on 08/26/06
- REC: Caramel Dippled Apples [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 6:10pm on 08/26/06
- REC: Cream Wafers Cookies [LINK] [IMAGE] - cheezz - 6:11pm on 08/26/06
- REC: Chocolate Chip Scones with Raspberry Cream [LINK] - cheezz - 6:13pm on 08/26/06
- REC: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting - cheezz - 9:03pm on 11/19/06