Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Crostata Di Ricotta
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #91 at 12:45 am on Aug 16, 2012
Crostata di Ricotta
Recipe courtesy David Rocco
Yield:8 to 10 servings
1 pound 1 1/2 ounces/500 g all-purpose flour
7 ounces/200 g sugar
7 ounces/200 g unsalted butter
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
Zest of 1 lemon
3 egg whites
8 3/4 ounces/250 g sugar
Scant 2 pounds/900 g fresh ricotta cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
For the pastry: Sift together the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl. Combine the butter, egg yolks, whole egg and lemon zest in a separate bowl. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and then knead into a dough. Let rest 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For the filling: Whip the egg whites with 1/2 of the sugar to stiff peaks in a mixing bowl. Whip the remaining sugar, ricotta and lemon zest together in a separate bowl, and then gently fold into the egg whites.
Roll out the pastry and fit into a pie plate. Spread the ricotta filling into the crust, sealing with more pastry as you would a pie. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
[On the show the butter for the crust was soft. The pie was also unmolded--inverted out of the pie plate--for serving.]
Other messages in this thread:
- 91. Summer Birthday Dinner - Joe - 12:16am on 08/16/12 (7)
- Sundried Tomato Anchovies and Capers - Joe - 12:19am on 08/16/12
- Ricotta-stuffed Fried Squash Blossoms [LINK] - Joe - 12:25am on 08/16/12
- Escabeche - Joe - 12:35am on 08/16/12
- My Great-aunt's Eggplant Parmesan [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 12:38am on 08/16/12
- Jacques Pepin's Roasted Split Chicken with Mustard Crust [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 12:39am on 08/16/12
- Cucumber Salad - Joe - 12:41am on 08/16/12
- Crostata Di Ricotta [LINK] - Joe - 12:45am on 08/16/12